Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Surgery is schedule for my J-Pouch revision

I just found out today that Dr. John Rombeau at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia has scheduled my schedule for March 25, 2011. He will be doing a J-Pouch revision. Which means he will remove my old J-Pouch and make a new one. Then I will have a temporary ileostomy for 3months. I will have to go in for a second surgery to take down the ileostomy and hook the small bowl back up to the J-Pouch.

There is one complication: That I won't have enough small bowel to do the J-Pouch revision at all. I will be left with a permanent ileostomy after the first surgery in March. It's a risk we have to take because the acute blood lose could cost me my life. That is now what I have been told by my doctors now, because it's not getting better, my symptoms are getting worse and more severe.

The good thing is Dr. Rombeau said "he would do a two for one deal for me." He would fix my surgical hernia and take the small bowel down where the J-tube was inserted at from 4 years ago. He's going to release the small bowel from the abdominal wall.

I am very nervous about this surgery it's long, extensive and complicated not many surgeon do it. I guess I will just have to put my faith in my surgeon which I have and in my Heaven Father which I do then everything will be fine. That is a really hard thing to do. I must practice what I preach. Sometime that is harder said then done. I will have to fine my inter strength and do it. It just might take me a few days. I guess everyone is just going to have to bare with me until I get there.

Until my next charter. Thanks for reading. God bless everyone

2Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by Faith, not by sight:)

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend you check out the site www.jpouch.org. There is a lot of information and people in the same boat as you (I might be facing the same surgery here is Canada).

    Best of luck.

    Mark
    mark@budman.ca

    ReplyDelete