Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Last update before surgery J-Pouch

Monday I went to Temple Unvi. Hospital to get all the information and pre-admission testing done before surgery. My friend Pat took me since I can't drive that far anymore. We where their from 10:39 am until 6:00 pm. It was a long day. I finally got home at 7:40 pm.

This what is going to happen in this order:

Thursday March 17, I have to go back down for a flex segmiodoscopy so Dr. Rombeau can see where and how bad the J-Pouch is now bleeding.

Thursday March 24, Quintin and I go down so I can be admitted in to the hospital. They need to put a central accesses line in. Because of the high risk of me needing blood during surgery. This will give them a way of getting blood  and fluids in me quickly. The thing that stinks is they probably won't knock me out to do it just numb the site. It might hurt just a tad. I also need all kinds of surgical preps too.

Friday March 25, Sometime in the morning I will go to the OR awake. So I can say hi! to my surgery and anesthesiologist. Then they will put in an arterial line in my wrist to monitor my blood pressure. The surgery could be up to 7 hours depending on what they find. Then after surgery I will be moved to ICU for at least a day. We are not sure what to except from that point forward.

I have a week to go. I can't wait to put this is all behind me. This is my last blog entry until I am well enough to type. Wish me luck. Thank you all for reading. This is last chapter for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment