Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tornado in New Tripoli, PA a F0

Who would have thought in my small town I would be telling this story. At 3:45 am on July 14, 2010 we had a tornado go threw my town. It actually went threw my yard. I heard it I didn’t realize it was a tornado it was so loud. I never in my wildest dreams consider it was a tornado or we would have gone down in the basement.
When I woke up, I couldn’t believe what I saw. I had five huge trees down. We lost a 20-foot apple tree it was ripe out from the roots, 40-foot sour cherry tree twisted off right at the roots that one will be missed the most, pine tree in the front yard snapped down the middle and a maple tree snapped down the center. We lost half of our chicken coop roof, which was relocated 30 feet, and one chicken is uncounted for. Then there the sunroom roof half the shingles are missing and there is now a 1 to 2 foot whole in it looks like the wood is splinter. I am sure we are going to be finding lots of thing relocated all over the yard for the next few weeks. A football that was in the back yard end up by a tree down by the road, we did find some humor in that. We are truly blessed if the pine tree out front would of broke any other way it would landed on the girls room and we would have been digging them out.
The National Weather Service sent helicopter out yesterday to look at the damage to confirm where it was a tornado or not. We had an EF 0 with 80 mph winds, path width 150 yards and path length of 3 miles. Everyone in the neighborhood already knew it was twister winds don’t do this kind of damage and it look like it jumps over house and went to the next. That’s the only way you can explain why it hit mine, spared my neighbors, and did so much damage 1/8 mile down the street. You will never forget when you have witness a tornado for yourself.
This was my excitement for the week. I hope everyone else has some fun too. I am not sure you can top a tornado; however, you can sure try.






Our Maple tree


Our Apple Tree


My Favorite Sour Cherry Tree


Our Pine tree

July 25, 2010 we had another bad storm come threw. Although it did last every long the high winds brought down the Pine tree that the tornado had already damage a week in half ago. This time it fell tore the house the tip of the tree is laying on LaRae and McKayla’s windowsill. Adrian and Q first words out of their mouths were when the storm started is it another tornado do we need to go to basement. The winds were that strong. I’m not sure when we will stop wondering if it is a tornado or just high. I do know that the chances of another tornado coming threw is slim; however, I guess having one so close to your house makes you a little jumpy for awhile, however, we were told that there was a unconfirmed tornado that same day in the area. This is what's left of that pine tree. We still have a lot of clean up yet to do. Hopefully the chain saw comes soon. There is only so much a loader can remove.













No comments:

Post a Comment